June 29, 2010

Observation:

I remember when Keven was a kid, elementary/Jr. High age, he and his buddies would bounce a basketball against the house and my mother would go out and scream for them to stop because it annoyed her.

Tonight after celebrating graduation with several of his closest friends they went outside and bounced the basketball against the house.  It was music to our ears.  It was such a normal, healthy thing to do.

His best friend could not be here but his parent's showed up with a card.  We had a really nice time (pizza, homemade chicken wings, cupcakes).  Its the kind of thing that, a few years ago, he would have refused because parties are not fun without booze or drugs.

It was great to see a bunch of nice kids in my house....haven't seen that in years!

Thanking God for another good day on the roller coaster of life :)

Peace, Hope and Love, Barbara

7 comments:

parentofanaddictcdcb said...

I am soooo happy for you. It sounds like such a nice day!
Here's hoping for many, many more.
Carolyn

Kristin said...

I am happy for you and your family. You guys all looked so happy in your slide show, I can just imagine how the get together went. YEAH!
xx kris

Bristolvol said...

Great news. I am so happy that you get to experience good times with your family.

~~BRB Queen~~ said...

Good times! My best wishes for many more to come!

Sherry said...

Hi Barbara -

So happy that things are getting better!! My prayers are with both of you!!

Syd said...

It sounds good. Normal times are ones to treasure.

Tonjia said...

A glimpse of normal!!!! How wonderful!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...