June 16, 2010

Updates on the addicts I love:

Anthony:  Got a letter from him.  He's back in the central area of the prison because they found out he has a warrant.  He asked me to find out what it was for by calling the public defender, etc.  I made a few calls and wrote him back telling him what he needs to do (submit a form requesting a court date).  The warrant is for possession of a controlled substance, but I think that's what he's in there for (well technically for parole violation but that's how he violated....who knows).  He's not happy about being back in maximum after being in minimum security for a few months.  Bummer, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.


Kelly:  She called today and LOVE'S the rehab she's in!  Its a woman's facility and has 16 residents.  She sounded really positive.  I will go visit her as soon as I can.

Keven:  He forgot to bring one of his court cards yesterday so once again did not get promoted to Phase 3.  He was sick yesterday, which of course made me suspicious, but he seems better today.  He took out the trash, ran an errand for me, went to the gym and now is at a meeting.  Good stuff.  He SEEMS ok, but its so hard to tell.

Peace, Hope and Love, Barbara

7 comments:

Addiction--Mom trying to Detach with Love said...

So happy to see Kelly LOVES the facility and that Keven had a good day. Each good day is a blessing and I hope you also had an awesome day.

parentofanaddictcdcb said...

Thanks for sharing the good news. I hope today is good as well.

Kristin said...

Isn't it nice when things aren't riddled with drama. It was a good day and you noticed it and shared it. Yeah!
Great news about Kelly! Keven sounds like he is less anxious and is occupying his time wisely. All good.
I haven't been reading your blog long enough to know about Anthony but you seem resigned to whatever happens to him. You sound like you know that he will be ok.
I hope that you are taking this "break in the action" to heal yourself.
Listen to some good music and relax!
xx kris

Bristolvol said...

Hello dear friend,
Glad to hear some peacefulness has invaded your household! Take to opportunity and do something nice for yourself! You deserve it.

Syd said...

It sounds like a good day for you Barbara. And that is important.

LisaC said...

Barbara, you know that you are always in my thoughts and my prayers. Ant has proven he will survive wherever he is,and I'm happy for the peace Kelly's current residence brings to you. I agree we don't know if Keven is 100% together; but in the short term the news is good and he is working in the right direction.

Take care of you.

Kali said...

Just wanted you to know I'm still thinking about you and praying for you..... I'm detoxing and coming clean myself and have made huge progress and taken steps to hopefully prevent relapse this time.... I need your support still.... and I continually read your blog and pray for you and your boys..... don't forget so many are in "your corner"!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...