June 10, 2010

PSTD?

I had a good phone call with his psychiatrist today.  He's been talking to Kev's new doctor about his case and the new doctor thinks he may have OCD and PSTD.

Who knows what to think with the long list of possibilities?

He DID experience some trauma that he SAYS never bothered him - but maybe that's the problem, maybe if he would have freaked out when it happened he would have dealt with it then.  Maybe its come back to haunt him now in the form of these hallucinations...

Maybe this, maybe that.  Ugh.  I'll keep you posted.  Am making the rounds reading your blogs. 

Peace, Hope and Love, Barbara

4 comments:

Peggy said...

It's all so exhausting, isn't it? I hope you're not burning yourself up. I don't know what to tell you to do, except maybe go to an Al-Anon meeting? It helps to vent and just have people, who know, listen. Take care of yourself. Peggy

Syd said...

And maybe it could be any number of things...this is the insanity of our disease. We keep looking to fix something that we don't even know. And we do it over and over, until either we die or we decide that it isn't up to me to fix another or be their savior.

~~BRB Queen~~ said...

In regards to the mental health piece --don't discount OCD. I just got over a 2year battle with OCD and my daughter. OCD can bring on some down right scary, unusual thoughts.

Take care of yourself.

Kristi said...

I've just recently been giving some serious thought to the idea of PTSD in relation to addicts. I think there could definitely be something there...it might actually explain a few things. Hang on Barbara!! I'm praying hard for you and Kevin!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...