June 23, 2010

Thankful Heart


I got the sweetest letter from him today. He's so appreciative of every little thing I do for him. He's being transfered to another prison, not sure why but he's excited to get the heck outta Chino.

Kelsey (now that my blog is private I can use her real name rather than calling her "Kelly") is doing well in rehab, tomorrow is her 20th birthday. Keven got her a gift today (belly button jewelery) and my mom, sis and I pitched in and got her some gift cards to Barnes & Noble, Starbucks, plus a book. Keven will deliver it all to her on Sunday.

Keven SEEMS to be doing so well. He really does. I have tears in my eyes thinking of how precarious his situation is - one day he's fine, the next he's not. A song lyric for that would be "one day is fine, the next is black" (anybody recognize that?)

Tomorrow Keven asks his PO if he can get out of court next Tuesday so he can attend his graduation ceremony. I HOPE SO! Also, he may have a new pet tomorrow. Anyone care to guess what kind of animal we will be adding to our crazy zoo?

I am thankful for so many things right now. I am not going to take any good moments for granted.




Peace, Hope and Love, Barbara

7 comments:

Bristolvol said...

I am keeping my fingers crossed that he can attend his graduation ceremony. I venture to guess that you are getting an iguana as a new pet! I don't know why I think this, but somehow it seems to fit.
Love and hugs to you, girlfriend.

parentofanaddictcdcb said...

The Clash "Should I Stay or Should I go"!! Am I right?
You sound good, happier, more peaceful. It's so nice to "hear".
I hope you and Keven have a wonderful day today.
Praying and hoping for you
Carolyn

Josh said...

Carolyn, you are right on with your guess on the lyric. :]

Glad he's doing well, Barbaraaaaa :)

Heather's Mom said...

Oh my, since the blog went private it no longer updates on my blogroll - realized I missed a lot - but glad it was all good news! What a beautiful family, so great K got to spend time with everyone :) Also think it is so sweet K got Kelsey a present. I hope he can go to his graduation!
I was thinking chinchilla, but then saw Bristolvol's guess and like that - iguana???
Love & hugs :)

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Tis the Clash...ummm another Rat?

Kansas Bob said...

It struck me today as I was reading your blog posts about how amazing you are Barbara. All I can say is thank you for being you.. thank you for allowing yourself to be stretched by love.

Syd said...

Barbara, glad that things are going okay at the moment. That is good news.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...