June 6, 2010

Cautiously Hoping the Meds are Working....

I have seen Keven smile more in the last few days than I have in  months.  It would be nice to enjoy this, to feel good about it, but it could be nothing.  It could go away.  I like to think that the new meds are working (Abilify and Depakote).  I am afraid to see how much Abilify is going to cost, there is no generic for it and so far he's been using samples.

He is still sleeping with the lights on, which is not a good sign, but one thing at a time.


Peace, Hope and Love, Barbara

7 comments:

Addiction--Mom trying to Detach with Love said...

Sounds like maybe he is starting to adjust to the meds and maybe is on a good combo for him. Keep taking care of you and enjoy each day.

beachteacher said...

oh Barbara,...I am SO happy to hear this....I KNEW that the meds. getting right would be the key. I will continue to pray for Kev and you.
I am thankful to hear this especially today. I just learned that my son relapsed after 100 days clean....and your news helps have something positive to be thankful for tonight, during this drug journey we're on.
Blessings to you,
Lori

Syd said...

I hope that the meds work out also. Best to you Barb.

parentofanaddictcdcb said...

I was so glad to hear your news! I am continuing to pray for you and Keven. Hope today cointinous on the same path :)

Kristi (Jake's Mom) said...

One day at a time! I'm so very happy for you and for Kevin. Prayers and hugs to you both!!!

~ Tabitha ~ said...

I'm reading progress :)

Love that smiley face finger pic too.

Anna said...

Good on the depakote. Most people respond well to it from what I hear.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...