June 20, 2010

I Think the Girlfriend Makes a Big Difference


For the last four years Keven has been missing at most family gatherings.  If it was a big holiday he would make an appearance and stay for as little time as possible.  Today he not only showed up but stayed for hours, socialized with everyone and seemed so happy.

I think a lot of it has to do with his girlfriend, Lauren (I can use her name now that this blog is private.  I can even post pics and not fear someone will see them that I don't want seeing them!)

I LIKE Lauren a lot.  She has some serious issues of her own, but for the most part she is super sweet, fun, and stands up to Keven.  She also cooks for him and does nice things for him that no former gf's have done.  They are constantly laughing, goofing off and spend most of their time together.

When she's not around he seems more sullen and usually just stays in his room by himself watching TV.

ALSO - my ENTIRE family was together which is pretty rare since three of them live in Germany (Jason is in the Army and they are stationed there but Danielle and Wyatt are here all summer!).


In the front my Aunt Mary and My Mom
Back: Dave (nephew), David (brother), Ryan (nephew), Me, Therese (sister), Keven, Danielle (niece), Wyatt (great-nephew), Jason (niece's husband)

10 comments:

Bristolvol said...

Good looking son and beautiful girlfriend! I am happy to hear that you were able to enjoy the family gathering with all your loved ones.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

GREAT family picture....having someone special in your life certainly changes who you are...

Donnav said...

The photos are awesome!!!!

Her Big Sad said...

Love the pix Barbara! Thanks for sharing!!

Barbara said...

Thanks everybody! :)

Rahime said...

Great family pic. I'm glad Lauren's a generally positive influence in Keven's life...she looks like a sweet girl.

Syd said...

Nice Barbara. It sounds like a good day and a nice time together. Glad that things smoothed out a bit.

Peggy said...

Barbara - thanks for the up-close-and-personal look at your family. Keven looks great - and I'm so happy that his gf is an asset, rather than a distraction or excuse to isolate from the family.
Will I need to sign in to this private blog every time I visit? Should I use this blog address now on my blogroll that lists your blog?
Happy for you and this time of relative calm. Peggy

parentofanaddictcdcb said...

So nice to see such a great family picture! You sound like you had an awesome day. And I'm so happy to hear that Keven stayed and enjoyed his time as well.
Hugs to you!
Carolyn

Em said...

I was also missing from most family get togethers for many years. In this last year of my new found sobriety I have really enjoyed being with my family, sometimes it is stressful and I do have to walk away for a while to keep my own serenity BUT I finally feel as though I can belong in this life and be present. I hope that Keven has that feeling and it only gets better :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...