March 17, 2010

6 Months to a Year

Got my first letter from Anthony for this prison stay.  Sounds like it will be a long one, with no chance of reduced time (they are letting a lot of inmates out half time here cause of the crowded conditions but that does not apply to him).

He said he was sorry, his spirit and heart are broken.  He told Keven to stay strong and not use because just one time will "re-awaken the dragon".

I got choked up reading the letter out loud (it was to me and Kev).  I was so mad at him I wrote him a scathing  letter full of anger.  I tore it up.  I will respond to this one.  At least I don't have to worry about him being a negative influence on Keven.  By the time he gets out Keven will have a year to 18 months of clean time (thinking positive).

I'm going to make the rounds and check all your blogs now. 





Peace, Hope and Love,
Barbara

5 comments:

Kansas Bob said...

Sad news about Ant.. but I am so glad that he has you in his life.

justLacey said...

Sad news.

Sherry said...

Ant is lucky to have you, as Keven is!

Tonjia said...

I think your attitude is just great. I know you are angry. I am really glad you tore up the angry letter.

You have found so much grace and compassion to give to your sons.

May you continue to bless them richly with these beautiful gifts of yours.

Kay said...

My prayers and love are with you. God bless. We walk the path together.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...