September 18, 2010

I just invited Ken Seeley to my blog....

I mentioned a few days ago that Keven's therapist works closely with Ken Seeley (some of you know him from A&E show "Intervention") and they would like to document Keven. I wrote about it here but then deleted the post because I had some facts wrong.

What I do know is that they will be coming to my home Tuesday to film. FILM! ME! Me, the woman who won't even post her own photo on her blog who likes to fade into the background and go unnoticed. But I will do anything if it helps Keven and this is a once in a lifetime opportunity - to get Ken Seeley's opinion and help with my son, that's a no-brainer. (I wonder what Tom from Recovery Help Desk has to say about this).

I don't know all of what it will entail, I am taking it one step at a time and seeing how it unfolds. Keven is 100% for it. Will he be honest with them? It doesn't matter, they will see through the lies and even the lies will be helpful insight into what's going on with Kev.

So, I invited Ken and Mcayla (Kev's therapist) to this blog. I feel safe because its invite only but thought I should let me readers know.

I am tempted to go back and see if I said anything negative here about the show "Intervention" because I have very mixed feelings about the it, but I think the show I blasted here was called "Addiction".

The new show that they are planning is about TREATMENT not just about the actual intervention (which is just a tip of the iceberg of recovery).

Ok, I will post a picture of myself because I need to get used to this. Here is one I took a few weeks ago when I must have had something to smile about...Those days are few and far between but I am going to get my life back before its too late. I will be 51 one week from today - I don't exactly have a lot of time left to meet my a guy, fall in love and get married but that's what I hope for someday.




Peace, Hope and Love, Barbara

5 comments:

Syd said...

You look wonderful Barbara. Keep smiling. There is a lot to smile about really. Even on the days when it all seems so sad, I know those will pass.

A Mom's Serious Blunder said...

Barbara you are as beautiful as I imagined. Send Mr. Seely to my blog when they are looking for more candidates. I would welcome any help available too!

beachteacher said...

awesome....I'm excited for this opportunity for Keven ! You will be wonderful....and they're getting a great example of an addict parent that is knowledgeable, dedicated and loving. Can't wait to see how this all develops. And your photo is great. :)

Josh said...

That's awesome, Barbara!

Oh, and please don't lie to all of us...there is NO way that you are gonna be 51! NO way at all!

...buuuuuuuuuuuuuut, if that *is* the case, then I must say that your genes have treated you VERY well, because you look GREAT!

Keep smiling!!!

-Josh

Barbara said...

Thanks for the compliments.

Josh - I am not 51 YET, I have one more week of being 50. I think wearing sunscreen every day and talking to young people a lot keeps me youthful :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...