November 10, 2011

Coming to Terms

This last two weeks has caused me to have to take a fresh look at where Keven is, and how I fit into his life.

I always want to think the best, be positive, etc.  But the fact is that after all he's been through, he still thinks he knows what's best for him and is going to do what he wants.  It hurts me, but I am not going to stand in his way.

I am grieving.  I am grieving the loss of the years we lost to drugs, to the closeness we no longer have, to the future that may or may not be.

Its how it has to be.  I have to keep letting go or I will never get beyond living in fear, worrying, bla bla bla.

Peace, Hope and Love, Barbara

P.S.  Had the biopsy today should have results next week but I'm not worried at all.  I think I'm a normal menopausal woman (i.e. ABNORMAL is normal)

9 comments:

Syd said...

Great news about the biopsy and about your coming to terms with living life for you. I am thinking of you.

Maija said...

It seems to never end, just floats up and down.

Stacey said...

Hoping the biopsy turns out okay and in awe of you for your courage. Hang in there tough lady - you are not alone - Much love and hugs for you :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Barbara,
I have kept you in my thoughts and prayers. I wish I could give you a big hug, and tell you in person that I am proud of you for the growth you are demonstrating. Not only is Keven having to make choices for himself, but it seems that you are, too. We each have to take control/ownership of our own lives...most often easier said than done...especially when so many 'curve balls' are thrown our way. I am praying for you to feel peaceful, relaxed and happy. I am praying for your health. Love and caring to you! Sincerely,
Shelley in SK

Dad and Mom said...

Here's to your climbing to that new plateau. Keven and you both.

Take care of yourself and just maybe peace can come in.

Anonymous said...

Much easier to write than to do. I am in the same place with my daughter...

Grieving with you. Praying for you!

Anonymous said...

I always want to think the best, be positive, etc. But the fact is that after all he's been through, he still thinks he knows what's best for him and is going to do what he wants. It hurts me, but I am not going to stand in his way.

*hug* I know that's not an easy choice for you to make. I can sympathize.

Tracy said...

I continually grieve on some level, as I struggle to allow him his journey. Thanks for putting your emotions into words and for sharing them <3

Terri said...

Sister girl, hang in there. As Ron pointed out to me this week, always know you are not on this road alone. We are all here walking it with you. Thanks for supporting me this week.

I'm praying for a good report from your biopsy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...